Review - No7 Beautifully Matte foundation in Calico and the Match made service.

From Monday 24th to Sunday 7th, I am doing a review a day. Today's is of the No7 match made service and of the No7 Beautifully matte foundation in calico. 

Tagline:
No7 Beautifully matte foundation balances oil production and minimises the appearance of blemishes. Colour stays true and looks fresher for longer. Shine free for up to 12 hours.
Price:
£12.95
Colour:
Calico
Packaging:
Love the packaging. To me, it looks quite high end. Slightly frosted clear plastic and black plastic lid. Foundation pump already installed so you don't have to buy a seperate one, unlike some foundations. 


Pros:
  • Match made service was quick and easy
  • Match made service found me my perfect shade
  • Pump comes with the foundation
  • High end looking packaging
  • Fairly cheap/not overly expensive
  • Hypo-allergenic for sensitive skin
  • SPF 15
  • Perfect for oily parts of my face/decreased shine
  • Soft and even finish
Cons:
  • The foundation was good for oily parts not dry parts
  • Stuck to my dry area/flaked my skin even more
  • Didn't stay shine free for 14 hours like it says but for about 8 hours
  • Small bottle











































Final thoughts:
Right, I think this foundation would be perfect for someone who has oily skin but with little dryness. The woman who served me and performed the match made service said that this would be fine with my skin type, but it isn't. The colour is a perfect match which is hard for me as I am extremely pale. On my oily parts, it works well, blends well and mattifies. However, on my dry areas, it sticks to it and flakes my skin even more than normal. So, to use this up, I am mixing it with another foundation that is nearly empty. I only bought this one because I was running out of my old one! Mixing the two foundations with a little bit if my moisturiser suits my skin type better. I think that if I am to try a No7 foundation again, I will be going with Calico in a different foundation type. Overall, it's not a bad product, just not right for me. The match made service is amazing though. I would highly recommend doing it if you find it hard matching your skin colour. 

Do any of you have any foundation recommendations for a dry/combination pale skin? And has anyone else tried the match made service? 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hmm interesting, I also got matched the Calico, I haven't bought it yet but it seemed to suit me perfectly. However I wouldn't describe myself as extremely pale... But all my foundations are usually too yellow/orange so maybe I'm paler than I think I am?

    ReplyDelete